Enables process communication of Simatic WinCC with MODBUS compliant devices via MODBUS TCP/IP but also MODBUS ASCII/RTU over Serial RS232/RS485 ports.
The Software package contains the channel-DLL (Modbus Protocols.chn), which is intuitive usable if you're already familiar with the MODBUS TCPIP channel in the Simatic WinCC Basic installation. The channel allows an easy way to transfer your existing tags from the basic Modbus TCPIP channel to our Modbus Protocols channel.
The channel will take care of the reading and writing of values according to the use of the tags in the Simatic WinCC Project. Of course single or multiple tags can also be read in C-/VBA-Scripts, like in other channels. The communication scenarios include:
- Directly linking MODBUS Slave devices through RS232 serial ports
- Linking up to 31 MODBUS Slave devices through an RS485 serial port
- Managing temporary links to any number of MODBUS Slave devices through one or more Dial-Up- and GSM-Modems
- Connection multiple MODBUS Servers through Ethernet TCP/IP
- Connecting multiple MODBUS devices through one or more MODBUS TCP/IP Gateways